For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Laura Baker is the data controller (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data that may be collected about you:
I will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, various health and lifestyle details including recent injuries) whenever you complete a form (whether in person or online).
For example, I will obtain your personal data when you register to use this website, send feedback, post material, make contact for any reason, sign up to a service, enter a competition, purchase goods or services. I may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to me processing it for the purpose of providing services, marketing my services (current or future)and assisting with subject access requests.
How Your Personal Data is Used.
I will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- To help me identify you and any accounts you hold or purchases you have made.
- Research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis.
- Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences.
- Marketing—see Marketing and opting out below.
- Fraud prevention and detection.
- Billing and order fulfilment.
- Customising this website and its content to your particular preferences.
- To notify you of any changes to this website or to our services which may affect you.
- Security vetting.
- Improving my services.
Marketing and opting out
I will only contact you by email, phone, SMS about our products, services and promotions if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt-out at any time. See further Your rights below.
Disclosure of your personal data
I may disclose your personal data to:
- Other companies associated with Girl-Gainz.
- Agent and service providers such as Dropbox ( providers of web hosting or maintenance services).
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
Keeping your data secure
I will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- I store your personal data on secure servers using Dropbox.
- I do not keep payment details, payments are handled by Go Cardless, Paypal or Direct Debit.
- Whilst I will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason I cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Information about other individuals
If you provide information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data.
- Receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices.
- Give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad if the data is coming from outside the United Kingdom.
- Give consent to the processing of his or her data, which includes but is not limited to the details specified in the section titled: Personal data collected about you.
- Monitor engagement and improve the overall efficiency and flow of our website, enhance customer/visitor experience.
keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process.
- Recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time).
- Obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet.
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor/customer requirements and interests.
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests.
- Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Consent (‘notification on home page’).
I work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Adobe Flashplayer which we use to display video content). These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
A subject access request is a request received from a data subject asking for access to personal data which we process about him or her.
You have the right, to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- Put your request in writing.
- Include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require any inaccuracies in your data are corrected free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- Put your request in writing
- Provide enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details)
specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask me to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
put your request in writing (an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable). Please provide enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details).
if your objection is not to direct marketing in general but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone) please specify the channel you are objecting to.
My contact details
I welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact me, please send an email to email@example.com.