Chocolate Orange Granola
I love Granola but some of the shop bought ones can be really high in fat but not proportionally high in flavour!
I was out shopping the other day & came across some dried mandarian pieces which inspired this recipe. I bought these from Holland & Barratt but i've also since seen them in Tesco.
This granola is delicious on it's own, with milk, or my personal favourite - layered with Greek Yoghurt & choc shot as a "Sundae".
Servings: Makes 6 portions
Macros per portion:
205kcal / 3g protein / 37g carbs / 5g fat / 2g fibre
100g oats (regular or gluten free)
30g puffed rice (I used Kallo rice puffs available in freefrom aisle of most supermarkets)
30g Choc Shot (available in hot chocolate aisle of supermarket)
50g chopped dried orange or mandarin pieces
50g dark chocolate chunks (I used Dr Oatker 70% cocoa chunks - available in baking aisle)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Place oats, puffed rice, baking powder & dried orange into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add honey & choc shot & stir until mix is completely coated.
4. Spread mix evenly onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Place in oven for 6 minutes.
6. Remove from oven & stir well (so that mix does not "burn").
7. Place back in oven for further 6 minutes. The granola will be soft when it first comes out of the oven but will harden & go crunchy as it cools.
8. Once fully cooled stir in chocolate chunks, store in air tight Tupperware & enjoy!