Raspberry Marshmallow Pancake Stack
More delicious protein pancakes! I love marshmallows - great for getting volume of food for calories when you fancy a sweet treat. They're even more delicious melted like they are in this pancake stack!
Servings: Makes 1 stack
Macros per stack:
332kcal / 32g protein / 46.3g carbs / 1.4g fat / 6g fibre
40g vanilla protein powder
1 medium banana (approx 85g)
125g egg whites
25g mini marshmallows
1/2 tsp baking powder
sugar free syrup of choice (I used a cherry one from Muscle Food)
1. Place all ingredients (except syrup) in blender & mix well.
2. Preheat oil as desired in a good non stick pan (I used 1/2 tsp coconut oil as I find this works best for protein pancakes).
3. Pour in pancake mix (split into desired number of pancakes for stack). For perfect pancakes make sure the heat is not too high - this will stop the pancake sticking or burning on the outside before the middle is cooked through. You'll know when it's time to flip the pancake when you wobble the pan & the mix looks stable & "jelly like" i.e. no longer really runny on top.
4. Remove pancakes from pan & layer with marshmallows - press down on each layer so that the heat from the pancakes melts the marshmallows.
5. Top with raspberries & syrup.
6. Eat! :-)