Mango & Passion Fruit Victoria Sponge Cake
As I was out for a walk earlier this week, I spotted a lady in a tearoom tucking in to a Victoria Sponge cake. This inspired me to adapt my donut recipe slightly to make something similar & voila - a summer sponge cake that won't ruin your diet!
This recipe makes a pretty decent serving for one (using a mini cake tin). It's so macro friendly that i've been eating a whole one for breakfast each morning (even in prep!) but if you wanted to make a larger one for sharing then just double up the recipe to fit the tin you are using.
To see a video of this delicious cake being cut check out my Instagram HERE.
Macros per cake (as pictured):
320kcal / 36g protein / 24g carbs / 8g fat / 10g fibre
40g coconut flour (I used one by Tiana from Holland & Barratt but this is also available in the baking aisle in large Tesco/Sainsbury/Waitrose stores).
25g vanilla protein powder
60g Apple Sauce (I used Waitrose Essential Bramley Apple Sauce)
80g egg whites
1 whole egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
50ml semi skimmed milk (or other milk of choice)
30g quark (regular or vanilla)
15g vanilla protein powder
50g Mango chunks (I used frozen ones from Sainsbury's but defrosted them first)
1/2 a passion fruit
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Place all cake ingredients in a blender & mix until thick.
3. Spray tin using 1 calorie cooking spray (such as Fry Light Butter Spray), fill tin with cake mix & place in oven for approx 25 minutes.
4. Allow cake to cool & slice in half.
5. Whilst cake cools make filling, mix quark with protein powder to form a "cream" & blend mango & passionfruit together make a coulis.
6. Once cake is cooled, add cream & coulis.
7. Eat! :-)