Honey, Fig & Almond Protein Cake
Continuing with my love for all things fig, I thought i'd create another Autumn recipe.
Baked figs give this gluten free cake a real gooey texture whilst keeping the calories down. This skinny cake contains only 152 calories per delicious slice. Each one packs a decent 15g protein hit too.
Servings: Makes 6 slices
Macros per slice: 152kcal / 15g protein / 7.5g carbs / 6g fat / 2.5g fibre
45g almond flour (I used one by Sukrin available in the baking aisle of Tesco, Sainsburys & Waitrose)
60g vanilla protein powder
15g Sukrin Gold (or other sweetener of choice - again available at Tesco, Sainsburys & Waitrose)
150ml unsweetened almond milk
2 fresh figs (sliced)
1 fresh fig (finely chopped)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp almond extract
30g flaked almonds
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. In a mixer/food processor mix together all ingredients except the honey, flaked almonds & figs into a cake batter.
3. Stir in the finely chopped fig.
4. Spray a cake tin with 1 calorie cooking spray or line with baking paper & pour in mix.
5. Smooth top, add the sliced figs & almonds to decorate & drizzle over the honey.
6. Bake in the oven for 14 minutes.
7. Place on a wire rack to cool, slice, & eat! :-)