Original Glazed Protein Donuts
After months of trying to create the best possible protein donut recipe for the lowest amount of calories i've finally nailed it! As a Krispy Kreme addict these easy to make donuts are going to be my prep saviour! Oh & unlike the real deal these ones are gluten free too!
I invested in a donut maker to make these but you can make them using a regular donut mould in the oven. If you're a big donut fan it is definitely worth investing in a donut maker though as in my opinion it really does make a huge difference to the end result! You can buy one HERE.
Servings: Makes 9 Mini Donuts
Macros Per Donut:
50kcal / 5.3g protein / 3g carbs / 1g fat / 1.5g fibre
40g coconut flour (I used one by Tiana from Holland & Barratt but this is also available in the baking aisle in large Tesco/Sainsbury/Waitrose stores).
25g vanilla protein powder
60g Apple Sauce (I used Waitrose Essential Bramley Apple Sauce)
80g egg whites
1 whole egg
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
50ml semi skimmed milk (or other milk of choice)
1tsp vanilla protein powder
2 tsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 180c (or preheat donut maker as per instructions if using one).
2. Place all ingredients in a blender & mix until thick.
3. Spoon mix into donut maker & cook for 3 minutes. If using a donut mould spray using 1 calorie cooking spray (such as Fry Light Butter Spray) & place in oven for approx 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile make up glaze (if it looks too thick/lumpy add a tiny bit of water but be careful it doesn't go too runny!)
5. Allow donuts to cool & glaze using a basting brush.
6. Eat! :-)