Reese's Pieces Protein Donuts
It's been a little while since i've posted a donut recipe but I promise you this one was worth the wait!
Peanut butter lovers everywhere, I bring you - Reece's Pieces Protein Donuts! The best bit is they're only 44 calories each. They're also gluten free.
I made mine using a donut maker but if you don't have one you can use a regular donut mould in the oven. If you're a big donut fan it is definitely worth investing in a donut maker though as in my opinion it really does make a huge difference to the end result! You can get a great one here.
Servings: Makes 20 mini donuts
Macros per donut: 44kcal / 4.5g protein / 3.5g carbs / 1.3g fat / 0.7g fibre
40g chocolate protein powder
40g peanut flour (I used one from Sukrin - available in Tesco, Sainsburys & Waitrose)
2x Cadbury's Highlights Dark Hot Chocolate Sachet
80g egg whites
60g apple sauce (I used Waitrose Essential)
50ml milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1/2 tsp baking powder
20g peanut flour
1x Cadbury's Highlights Dark Hot Chocolate Sachet
25g Choc Shot
2tsp milk of choice (I again used unsweetened almond milk)
30g Reeses Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 180c (or preheat donut maker as per instructions if using one).
2. Place all "donut" ingredients in a blender & mix until thick.
3. Spoon mix into donut maker & cook for 3 minutes. If using a donut mould spray using 1 calorie cooking spray (such as Fry Light Butter Spray) & place in oven for approx 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile make up "topping" in a small cup or bowl (if it looks too thick/lumpy add a tiny bit of water but be careful it doesn't go too runny!)
5. Allow donuts to fully cool & glaze using a basting brush. Decorate each donut with a few Reese's Pieces.
6. Eat! :-)